Approved wheel play detectors
- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
- Part of:
- Authorised Testing Facilities (ATFs): guidance, forms and updates, Road safety, and Running an MOT test station
- First published:
- 30 August 2013
- Last updated:
- 30 June 2016, see all updates
A list of acceptable wheel play detectors suitable and approved for use in MOT and annual tests.
PDF, 199KB, 6 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document lists the types of wheel play detectors approved for use under the MOT and annual test schemes by DVSA.
All of the listed equipment must be kept in good working order and calibrated properly in order to be used for the MOT and annual tests.
Please make sure you read the notes on the document before searching for any equipment.
Published: 30 August 2013
Updated: 30 June 2016
- The latest version of the list has been published.
- Updated with the latest list of approved equipment.
- Published an updated version of the equipment list.
- Updated document to August 2013 version.
- First published.