Security scanners: equipment
- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Aviation security screening approved equipment list, Transport security, and Aviation and airports
- First published:
- 19 August 2013
- Last updated:
- 4 August 2016, see all updates
Security scanners approved by the Department for Transport for screening people in aviation security.
Approved security scanners
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Security scanners are used to screen passengers at airports to ensure they are not carrying any prohibited items on their person.
Published: 19 August 2013
Updated: 4 August 2016
- List of approved security scanners updated.
- New security screening equipment for security scanners (SSc) updated.
- Updated with new equipment approved by the European Civil Aviation Conference.
- New equipment approved by the European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC) on 28 July 2015.
- Updated with new aviation security equipment recently approved for operation use by DfT and the European Civil Aviation Conference.
- First published.