Explosive trace detection systems
- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Aviation security screening approved equipment list, Transport security, and Aviation and airports
- First published:
- 19 August 2013
- Last updated:
- 25 August 2016, see all updates
Explosive trace detection systems approved for use in aviation security settings.
Explosive trace detection systems (ETDS): systems that detect minute particles of explosive materials
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Explosive trace detection (ETD) systems detect minute particles of explosive material. This document lists the ETD systems approved for use in aviation security.
Published: 19 August 2013
Updated: 25 August 2016
- List of approved explosive trace detection systems updated including changing of algorithms for two equipment manufacturers.
- List of approved explosive trace detection systems updated.
- Security screening equipment approved in February 2016 by the European Civil Aviation Conference for explosives trace detection systems.
- Amendments for explosive trace detection systems.
- Updated with new equipment approved by the European Civil Aviation Conference.
- New equipment approved by the European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC) on 28 July 2015.
- Updated with new aviation security equipment recently approved for operation use by DfT and the European Civil Aviation Conference.
- First published.