- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Aviation security screening approved equipment list, Transport security, and Aviation and airports
- 19 August 2013
- Last updated:
- 16 November 2017, see all updates
Approved explosive detection systems to screen hold baggage and cargo.
Approved explosive detection systems (EDS)
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Explosive detection systems (EDS) approved by Department for Transport for use in aviation security.
Explosive detection systems automatically detect explosive material concealed inside hold baggage and cargo.
Download the csv file to make sure you are viewing the full details or, if viewing the file online, use the scroll bar to scroll right for more columns.
Published: 19 August 2013
Updated: 16 November 2017
- Approved explosive detection systems list updated.
- List of approved explosive detection systems to screen hold baggage and cargo.
- List of approved explosive detection systems updated.
- Security screening equipment approved in February 2016 by the European Civil Aviation Conference for explosives detection systems.
- Updated with new equipment approved by the European Civil Aviation Conference.
- Updated with new aviation security equipment recently approved for operation use by DfT and the European Civil Aviation Conference.
- Updated approved equipment list.
- First published.