Explosive detection systems
- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Aviation security screening approved equipment list, Transport security, and Aviation and airports
- First published:
- 19 August 2013
- Last updated:
- 4 August 2016, see all updates
Explosive detection systems approved by Department for Transport for use in aviation security to screen hold baggage and cargo.
Approved explosive detection systems (EDS)
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Explosive detection systems (EDS) automatically detect explosive material concealed inside hold baggage and cargo. This document lists the EDS’s approved by Department for Transport for use in aviation security.
Published: 19 August 2013
Updated: 4 August 2016
- List of approved explosive detection systems updated.
- Security screening equipment approved in February 2016 by the European Civil Aviation Conference for explosives detection systems.
- Updated with new equipment approved by the European Civil Aviation Conference.
- Updated with new aviation security equipment recently approved for operation use by DfT and the European Civil Aviation Conference.
- Updated approved equipment list.
- First published.