This is an update on the development of new apprenticeship standards in England that support careers focusing on the promotion and protection of the public’s health and wellbeing.
This update covers the following apprenticeship standards:
- Level 6 Public Health Practitioner (PHP)
- Level 7 Health and Care Intelligence Specialist
- Level 7 Specialist Community and Public Health Nurse
- Level 6 Environmental Health Practitioner
- Level 7 Systems Thinking Practitioner
- Level 3 or 4 Community-centred roles (title and level to be determined)
The Skills for Health Healthcare Apprenticeship Standards Online (HASO) website provides information on other recently approved apprenticeships in the health sector, for example Clinical Coder at level 3.
For more information see the List of qualification levels for each apprenticeship standard, and the Apprenticeship funding rules.