Describes the job role an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the aerospace sector.
These documents are relevant to:
- those looking to apply for an apprenticeship
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
This standard is ready to use.
Under our reforms, employer-designed standards will replace frameworks, and will be clear and concise. From 2017 to 2018 as many apprenticeship starts as possible will be on the new standards.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the aerospace manufacturing fitter standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the Trailblazer contact: email@example.com.
The standard for an aerospace manufacturing fitter was developed by:
- BAE Systems
- GKN Aerospace
- Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Magellan Aerospace UK Ltd
- Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group
- MSM Aerospace Fabricators, Rolls-Royce
- Institute of Mechanical Engineers
- GTA England
- National Federation of Engineering Centres
- Royal Aeronautical Society
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band (6 = highest 1 = lowest): 6
Maximum core government contribution: £18,000
Read the funding rules for apprenticeship standards for further information.