© Crown copyright 2017
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: email@example.com.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-to-be-on-the-list-of-permit-free-festivals/how-to-apply-to-get-on-the-list-of-permit-free-festivals
The list of permit free festivals is set out in Appendix 5 to Appendix V of the Immigration Rules. Festivals and events which are included on this list are able to invite entertainers or artists to take part in their event without the need to issue a certificate of sponsorship under the points based system. Where entertainers or artists are established professionals it may also be possible for them to use the visitors undertaking permitted paid engagement route.
Festivals not currently listed in Appendix 5 to Appendix V of the Immigration Rules must send their applications for inclusion by 5 January 2018 if the festival is scheduled to start between 7 April 2018 and 6 April 2019.
2. Requirements for inclusion on the list of permit free festivals
Festivals and events which are not currently listed in Appendix 5 to Appendix V of the Immigration Rules must:
- have been established for at least 3 years
- have had an audience of at least 15,000 for each of the last 3 years
- have an expected audience of at least 15,000 throughout the event
- have at least 15 non-European Economic Area (EEA) performers who have performed for each of the last 3 years
- have at least 15 non-EEA performers who have been invited for the current year
3. Documents required in support of an application
In support of an application you must have:
- paper copies of the event brochures or programmes for the last 3 years
- a letter from the Arts Council, or another such body if they support the event
- press cuttings relating to the event for the last 3 years
- confirmation of ticket sales and attendance details
- a letter from the local police or licensing authority concerning the cultural event or festival
- names, dates of birth and nationalities of all non-EEA performers for the last 3 years and for the forthcoming event
- the group name, where there is one, of any group of performers invited, and the names, dates of birth and nationalities of the individual members of that group for the last 3 years and for the forthcoming event
- other additional evidence if requested by the Home Office
4. Submit your application
Applications for inclusion on the list must be submitted to:
Visit and Visa Policy
Border Security and Visa Policy
2nd Floor Peel
2 Marsham Street
If festival organisers have a query about these provisions please contact the permit free festival admin inbox.