Apply as an existing deputy to change your powers (COP GN3)

How to apply when you're already acting as a deputy for property and financial affairs for powers that are not covered by the original court order.


Applications by existing deputies - Guidance note (COP GN3)

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


This guidance explains how to apply to the Court of Protection for a change in deputyship powers. For example you might ask for the power to:

  • sell property, except where it is held jointly
  • draw larger sums from the bank
  • renew the deputyship where it has a time limit

You might be able to apply for help with Court of Protection fees.

Published 15 November 2015