Application to extend Tier 2 visa to 5 years in UK: form T2 (W)
This publication was withdrawn on
This guidance is no longer current.
- UK Visas and Immigration
- Part of:
- UK visa, immigration and citizenship application forms
- First published:
- 17 October 2013
- Last updated:
- 1 December 2014, see all updates
Form to extend a transitional 2-year Tier 2 work visa to a total of 5 years in the UK.
PDF, 983KB, 42 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Use this form if you are already in the UK with a Tier 2 visa and you want to extend it once to take it up to a total of 5 years in the UK.
This form is not for every Tier 2 worker. It is specifically for people who switched into Tier 2 under transitional arrangements and were given permission to stay for 2 years. These were workers who switched from:
- a business and commercial work permit
- a sports and entertainment work permit
- a Jewish agency employee
- a member of the operational ground staff of an overseas-owned airline
- a minister of religion, missionary or member of a religious order
Read the policy guidance before completing your application.
Published: 17 October 2013
Updated: 1 December 2014
- New version published for use on or after 1 December 2014.
- New version of the form uploaded.
- First published.