Application to extend Tier 2 dependant visa: form T2(W) dependant
This publication was withdrawn on
This guidance is no longer current.
- UK Visas and Immigration
- Part of:
- UK visa, immigration and citizenship application forms
- First published:
- 18 October 2013
- Last updated:
- 5 April 2015, see all updates
Form for the dependant of someone who has a transitional 2-year Tier 2 work visa, it can be used to extend their stay in the UK to 5 years.
Application for a Tier 2 dependant single extension of stay up to five year in the UK: Form T2 (W) dependant
PDF, 1.34MB, 38 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Use this form if you are already in the UK as the dependant of a worker with a Tier 2 visa and you want to extend your own visa once to take it up to a total of 5 years in the UK. The Tier 2 worker must also be applying for, or have been given, an extension of stay to 5 years in the UK.
This form is not for dependants of every Tier 2 worker. It is specifically for dependants of people who switched into Tier 2 under transitional arrangements and were given permission to stay for 2 years. These were workers who switched from:
- a business and commercial work permit
- a sports and entertainment work permit
- a Jewish agency employee
- a member of the operational ground staff of an overseas-owned airline
- a minister of religion, missionary or member of a religious order
Read the guidance on applications for dependants of UK visa applicants before completing your application.
Published: 18 October 2013
Updated: 5 April 2015
- New version published for use on or after 6 April 2015.
- New version published for use on or after 1 December 2014
- New version of form.
- First published.