Application for MOT authorisation / authorised examiner (AE) status (VT01)

A form for applying for MOT authorisation - also known as AE status - or a variation to MOT authorisation.


Application for MOT authorisation / AE status

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request a different format.

If you use assistive technology and need a version of this document in a more accessible format please email quoting your address, telephone number along with the title of the publication ("Application for MOT authorisation / AE status"), and its reference (Unique reference: VT01).


This form is used to apply for MOT authorisation or a variation to MOT authorisation from DVSA. This kind of authorisation is also known as AE status.

An AE is the organisation which operates and manages one or more vehicle test stations (VTS) and is responsible for controlling and managing the testing it carries out.

Before completing this form please make sure you have read and understood our ‘Requirements for authorisation for an authorised examiner’ guidance.

For more information about approved testing equipment see our ‘List of acceptable equipment for VTS and ATFs’.

Help us improve GOV.UK

Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.