Application for Deposit of Foreign Marriage Document in Spain

You can deposit your marriage certificate at the General Register Office (GRO) in the UK for safe-keeping after your wedding overseas.

This publication was withdrawn on

This page is now obsolete. British nationals overseas can no longer deposit foreign marriage or civil partnership documents with the General Register Office. Find out more here.



If you are resident in Spain and would like to deposit your marriage please download this form. If you are not resident in Spain please go to the General Register Office website.

Published 4 October 2013
Last updated 29 October 2013 + show all updates
  1. Form updated with address details and link to consular fees
  2. First published.