Appeal a Social Entitlement First-tier Tribunal decision (UT1)

How to appeal to the Upper Tribunal Administrative Appeals Chamber against a First-tier Tribunal decision (Social Entitlement Chamber).


Appealing to the Administrative Appeals Chamber of the Upper Tribunal England and Wales Social Security Tax Credits Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit Child Support Child Trust Funds Compensation recovery scheme Recovery of NHS charges

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


You need to fill in Form UT1 to appeal a First-tier Tribunal social security, child support, tax credits or housing benefit decision.

You might need to request permission to appeal, or the First-tier Tribunal might already have given permission.

Find Upper Tribunal (Administrative Appeals Chamber) forms.

Published 1 July 2015