Alternative provision census 2016: guide for LAs and AP providers
Guide for local authorities and providers of alternative provision to help them complete and submit alternative provision census 2016 data.
This document will help local authorities (LAs) and providers of alternative provision (AP):
- understand the purpose and scope of the alternative provision census
- add the right level of data to their management information system
- update and maintain their data during the year
- complete the 2016 alternative provision census data collection
The business and technical specification is available.
More guidance on submitting alternative provision census data is also available.
AP provides education for children who can’t attend a mainstream school.
Published: 20 July 2015
Updated: 22 January 2016
- Updated guide with correct census return date, 4 March 2016.
- Updated guide to version 1.5. See the document's version history for a description of the changes.
- Updated guide. See the document's version history for description of changes.
- First published.