The Airports National Policy Statement sets the policy framework against which a development consent application will be assessed.
Part 4 of the Environmental Assessment of Plans and Programmes Regulations 2004 requires that, as soon as reasonably practicable after the adoption of a plan or programme, the following information is provided:
- how environmental considerations have been integrated into the plan or programme
- how the environmental report has been taken into account
- how opinions expressed in response to consultations on the draft plan or programme have been taken into account
- the reasons for choosing the plan or programme as adopted, in the light of the other reasonable alternatives dealt with
- the measures that are to be taken to monitor the significant environmental effects of the implementation of the plan or programme
This post adoption statement fulfils this requirement.