The monthly bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports.
PDF, 9.59MB, 92 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
March Bulletin 3/2016
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
- BAe 146-200 (G-RAJJ), separation of the shock absorber on the left main landing gear, Gatwick / Guernsey Airport, 23 February 2015
General Aviation - Fixed wing
- Alpi Pioneer 400, G-CGVO, collided with terrain while approaching Popham Airfield, Hampshire, 3 January 2015
- McKenzie Edge 360 (G-EDGJ), inadvertent spin during aerobatics, Old Buckenham Aerodrome, 22 April 2015
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- Cessna 210D Centurion (G-OWAN), runway excursion during takeoff, Tosside Airstrip, Lancashire, 5 September 2015
- Cessna F172H (G-BGIU), nosewheel strike on landing, Perranporth Airfield, 30 July 2015
- Europa (G-BWJH), mishandled landing, Perth, Scotland, 17 November 2015
- Europa Trigear (G-BXGG), runway excursion during takeoff roll, Abbots Bromley Airfield, 6 September 2015
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Chevvron 2-32C (G-MZDP), heavy landing, Watnall Airfield, 31 October 2015
- Flight Design CTSW (G-CETF), engine failure, near Boston, Lincolnshire, 2 August 2015
This section contains Addenda, Corrections and a list of the ten most recent Air Accident reports published by the AAIB.