Funding competition: Agri-Tech Catalyst
UK businesses and universities can apply for a share of £4 million to work with developing country partners on agri-tech innovations.
This competition opened on 11 July 2016 and is now closed for registrations.
The aim of this competition is to increase the pace and scale of uptake of agricultural innovation by farmers in developing countries and to achieve:
- a sustained reduction of poverty and hunger for smallholder farmers
- a sustainable intensification in developing country agriculture
- improvements in human health and diversity in diets and nutrition
- a positive impact on rural income and food security
- opportunities for trade in agricultural products
We expect projects to range in size depending on the award category. Total project costs could be:
- £150,000 to £400,000 for early-stage technical feasibility studies
- up to £1.5 million for industrial research
- up to £800,000 for late-stage experimental development
Projects should last between one year and 18 months for early and late-stage and up to 3 years for industrial research projects.
All projects must be collaborative and include both a UK and eligible developing country partner.
This competition is run in 3 separate streams and as such, the guidance for applicants is slightly different for each stream. Please find attached to the competition notice, 3 guidance for applicant documents related to the 3 streams. Please make sure you follow the correct guidance.
You must register before noon on:
- 26 October 2016 for the expression of interest stage of the industrial research award category
- 25 January 2017 for the full-stage registration deadline for the early and late-stage awards
You must apply before noon on:
- 2 November 2016 for the expression of interest stage of the industrial research award category
- 1 February 2017 for the full-stage registration deadline for the early and late-stage awards
Watch the briefing webinar from 1 August 2016
Not right for your innovation project? View other Innovate UK funding competitions.
Published: 13 July 2016
Updated: 25 January 2017
- Removed registration link.
- Industrial research full stage briefing event date has changed to 15 December.
- Clarified that applications must be business led but this could be an overseas business
- Added link to competition briefing event recording.
- Title changed to "Funding competition: Agri-Tech Catalyst"
- First published.