Affidavit/Affirmation of Marital status forms - UAE

As a British national you may be asked to provide an affidavit or affirmation before local authorities in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to prove you are allowed to get married


Marriage Affidavit form - UAE

Marriage Affirmation form - UAE


If you want to get married under local law in the UAE you will need to complete an Affidavit (religious) or Affirmation (non-religious) of Marital Status form and book an appointment for marriage documents at the British Embassy Abu Dhabi or Dubai.

You should complete, but not sign the form.

Published 19 October 2015
Last updated 19 January 2017 + show all updates
  1. Updated Fomrs.

  2. Update forms

  3. First published.