This report sets out the case for adapting infrastructure in the energy, transport and water sectors so that new and existing infrastructure is able to operate effectively in a long-term changing climate.
The report focuses on the long-term impacts of climate change (2030s to 2100) to the infrastructure in the 3 sectors, setting out:
- the long-term risks from climate to the infrastructure, both technically and operationally
- the need to consider the interdependency risks of the infrastructure system and how this can be exacerbated by long-term climate change
- the need for all infrastructure to consider the long-term impacts of climate change in its design, build and operation
- the adaptation options available, as well as barriers possibly preventing action
- suggested recommendations to the Infrastructure and Adaptation project as part of its 2-year programme of work