Research and analysis
ACRE advice: applications to market GM cotton and rice
- Advisory Committee on Releases to the Environment
- Part of:
- ACRE: advisory reports on requests to release genetically modified organisms
- 12 February 2014
- Last updated:
- 15 December 2016, see all updates
ACRE's advice on applications to market GM cotton and rice in the EU, updated to include GHB119 cotton.
ACRE’s generic advice for applications to market GM crops which are not able to grow in the UK, for uses excluding cultivation. To date this includes cotton and rice applications only. The advice applies where ACRE considers a GM crop is no greater risk to human health and the environment than non-GM varieties.
ACRE agreed that it was appropriate to include in this list a further cotton application, GHB119. This has been developed for insect resistance and herbicide tolerance.
Published: 12 February 2014
Updated: 15 December 2016
- Latest advice added.
- Added 281-24-236x3006-210-23x MON88913 (insect resistance and herbicide tolerance) to the list.
- ACRE agrees advice on an application to market MON88913 cotton in the EU
- Updated the list of GM marketing applications on which ACRE has advised, to include GHB614 x LLCotton25 and MON15985 cotton,
- First published.