Research and analysis
A self-improving school system: towards maturity
- National College for Teaching and Leadership
- Part of:
- David H Hargreaves' thinkpieces on the self-improving school system
- First published:
- 1 October 2012
A look at the progress that has been made towards a self-improving school system since 2010.
PDF, 424KB, 50 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Professor David H Hargreaves looks at how the self-improving school system has developed since 2010. In this thinkpiece he:
- concentrates on the nature of deep partnerships between schools and the action needed to achieve them
- discusses the challenges of initiating and maintaining partnerships or alliances between schools
- updates and broadens the maturity model outlined in Leading a self-improving system
The revised maturity model is relevant to all inter-school partnerships, not just teaching school alliances.
Published: 1 October 2012