The government's strategy to ensure employment and a fulfilling working life, and the availability of required skills.
This document looks at managing the supply of training, skills and qualifications by colleges and training providers to be more responsive to the needs of employers, promoting learning opportunities for all ages and greater partnership working.
- guaranteed free tuition for any adult lacking a ‘level 2’ qualification
- pilots of a new adult learning grant
- promotion of ICT skills for adults
- formation of a national Skills Alliance
- creation of 23 sector skills councils by summer 2004
- better information provision on courses and training
- reform of the qualifications framework