This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
How the government is giving children and young people with SEN better access to the high-quality special education and support they need.
Published: 22 April 2013
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Detail added: SEN support system
- Updated the 'actions' section and added information about SEN support and the 0 to 25 SEN code of practice.
- Added details of the consultation on the draft SEN code of practice.
- Added policy detail on supported internships to help young people with SEN learn the skills they need for the workplace.
- Added a 'detail' page about the SEND pathfinder programme.
- First published.