This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
What the government is doing to fund schools and colleges fairly and to hold them to account for their pupils’ education.
Published: 22 April 2013
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Page updated to provide greater clarity on the purpose of the reception baseline.
- Updated the 'actions', 'background' and 'who we're consulting' sections to explain what we are doing to make school funding arrangements fairer.
- Added information about the reception baseline assessment we are introducing in 2016.
- Added information about changes to the way we hold primary schools, secondary schools and post-16 institutions accountable.
- Added our response to the 16 to 19 accountability consultation.
- Added information about the consultation on changing to the accountability arrangements for providers of 16 to 19 education and training.
- Added a 'detail' page about the National Pupil Database (NPD).
- First published.