This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
How the government is making sure there will always be a universal postal service.
Published: 12 December 2012
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Update of the launch of Initial Public Offering (IPO)
- Update to the section on 'Royal Mail access to private capital' following the 12 September 2013 government announcement to float Royal Mail on the London Stock Exchange.
- Updated following the government's decision to sell shares in Royal Mail.
- Objectives for the sale of Royal Mail shares added
- First published.