This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
We're simplifying the planning process to make it quicker and easier to build new homes, to develop new places and redevelop neglected land.
This policy page breaks down the following relating to planning policy:
- the issues
- actions taken
- who the department consulted
- bills and legislation
- who we are working with
It also includes the following:
- Appendix 1: National Planning Policy Framework
- Appendix 2: National Planning Casework Unit
- Appendix 3: speeding up the planning process
- Appendix 4: ‘called in’ planning decisions and appeals
Published: 7 November 2012
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Added terms of reference for Lord Taylor's review of planning guidance.
- First published.