2010 to 2015 government policy: environmental quality
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
How we are working to improve air quality, reduce noise and other nuisances in the environment (like odours, smoke and artificial light), and improve the quality of the local environment.
Published: 9 April 2013
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Updated: Ozone-Depleting Substances and Fluorinated greenhouse gases
- Updated to reflect that the consultation on replacing 2009 regulations is now closed and we are analysing results.
- Updated the EU F Gas regulation to show the more recent regulations that came into force on 1 January 2015.
- Updated text to include latest consultation on F-gases.
- Added 2014 research report: Futures workshop: The noise environment in the UK to 2060 and removed links to the 2012 research reports.
- Included Environment Agency's role in managing air quality.
- Added information on the derogation for Asbestos
- Updated the noise action plans section as new plans now available.
- Added link to local environmental quality guidance from supporting page.
- Updated noise plan information to reflect new consultation.
- First published.