This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
We’re improving the way we use resources and simplifying our structure to support military operations and personnel better.
Published: 12 December 2012
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Updated supporting page: The new Employment Model for service personnel
- Added Defence Reform Bill to Bills and legislation section following announcement in the Queen's speech on 8 May 2013
- Removed detail page on the armed forces covenant as this has now been promoted to become a separate policy: 'Fulfilling the commitments of the armed forces covenant' (https://www.gov.uk/government/policies/fulfilling-the-commitments-of-the-armed-forces-covenant)
- 18 January 2013 Added one action: bilateral relationships
- First published.