We have a received a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 for the following: 1. Please define the current value of SME business…
We have a received a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 for the following:
1. Please define the current value of SME business transacted by the Home Office by vertical market?
2. Please define which type of product or services of the department’s procurement process will be open to SME’s?
3. Please define the limit you will define on the size of contracts where SME may compete for your business?
We released the following information on 7 September 2011.
1. The total value of expenditure with SMES in 2010/11 was £217 Million. We are unsure what is meant by ‘vertical market’, however, we do not classify SME expenditure by category.
2. There is no specific constraint on the type of product or service.
3. No specific constraint has been generally set on the limit on the size of contract. Size of company capacity resource may be considered during a specific procurement.