Guidance for all institutions administering the 16 to 19 Bursary Fund in 2014 to 2015.
Guidance for the academic year 2015 to 2016
Guidance for the academic year 2015 to 2016 is available on GOV.UK.
Guidance for the academic year 2014 to 2015
This guidance is for all institutions that administer the 16 to 19 Bursary Fund. This includes schools, academies, FE colleges, sixth-form colleges, training providers, independent specialist providers and local authorities.
The guidance is non-statutory and sets out the arrangements the Secretary of State intends to make under section 14 of the Education Act 2002.
It clarifies a number of areas in response to queries raised by institutions and students, these include:
- promotion of the 16 to 19 Bursary Fund through feeder schools to raise awareness, and help students make better informed post-16 choices;
- clarification on how the 16 to 19 Bursary Fund can be promoted by institutions
- advice on the frequency of payments to students
- the effect of benefit changes to Defined Vulnerable Group Students;
- the error criteria which the EFA will use to determine if payments need to be recovered from an institution
- advice on getting students and their families to sign a declaration statement when applying for support from the 16 to 19 Bursary Fund
Guidance for young people and their parents is available on the 16 to 19 Bursary Fund page.
All enquiries regarding 16 to 19 Bursary Fund should be sent through our enquiry form.
Contact form https://form.education...
For all enquiries for the Education Funding Agency