Baroness Verma served as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for International Development from May 2015 until July 2016. She has been a Conservative member of the House of Lords since 2006 and previously served as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for DECC.
Previous roles in government
- DFID Parliamentary Under Secretary of State gifts, hospitality, travel and meetings with external organisations
- DFID celebrates London Pride 2016
- FCO and DFID Ministers mark London Pride
- "10 million new births registered means an additional 10 million children relying on UNICEF. UNICEF cannot and must not lose momentum."
- Consultation Summary: on the Ministerial Champion role on Tackling Violence Against Women and Girls Overseas
- UK leads new approach to prevent and respond to crises at the first-ever World Humanitarian Summit
- DFID flies the rainbow flag
- Building peace and preventing conflict to deliver on the Agenda 2030 promises
- Launching a report on education for children with disabilities in Kenya
- Baroness Verma: International Conference on Family Planning