The Board provides strategic direction, overseeing the breadth of the VOA’s programme of work and ensuring the Agency has the resources to deliver business as usual work.
The board is a decision-making body and supports the Chief Executive by scrutinising and advising on the following areas:
- strategic clarity
- people (reward and recognition)
- financial reporting and controls
- performance (including approving key performance indicators)
- strategic risks
- external stakeholder relationships
- corporate governance
- key policies
The members are:
- Sue Hall, Lead Non-Executive Director (Chair)
- Stephen Hughes, Non-Executive Director
- Melissa Tatton, Chief Executive
- Aneen Blackmore, Chief Finance Officer
- Pedro Wrobel, Chief Strategy Officer
- Mary Hardman, Chief Valuer
The Audit and Risk Assurance Committee
The Audit and Risk Assurance Committee (ARAC) has a remit to advise and support the accounting officer and board with their responsibilities for issues of risk, control and governance.
The ARAC does this by reviewing the reliability and integrity of assurances, as well as assessing how comprehensive they are.
The members of the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee are:
- Stephen Hughes, Non-executive Director (Chair)
- Sue Hall, Non-executive Director
- Robert Milburn, Non-executive Member