We drive the government’s policy of increasing the number of exporters and inward investors to the UK.
Who we are
We have professional advisers around the UK and in more than 100 countries.
Read about sponsorship opportunities with UK Trade and Investment (UKTI).
We are responsible for:
- coordinating efforts across government and partners to increase export and investment opportunities
- providing businesses in the UK with specialist support, advice and access to trade and investment events overseas
- increasing the supply of UK businesses that are ready to export
- increasing the supply of inward investment opportunities, particularly through high value campaigns
- increasing overseas demand for UK exports and inward investment opportunities
- the Exporting is Great campaign
Our priorities are:
- support an increase in the value of UK exports to £1 trillion by 2020
- support an increase in the value of foreign direct investment stock to £1.5 trillion by 2020
- support an increase in the volume of UK exporters to 288,000 by 2020
- remain the number one country in Europe for foreign direct investment projects