Who we are
The Regulator of Community Interest Companies (CICs) works part-time and is supported by 6 members of staff from the Department of Business Innovation and Skills. We are based in Companies House, Cardiff.
We are responsible for:
- considering whether applications meet the criteria to become a CIC
- informing the registrar in Companies House of successful applications, so they can issue a certificate of incorporation as a CIC
- encouraging the use of CICs for suitable enterprises
- providing guidance to enable CICs to be formed and regulated
- “light touch” regulation of CICs, with the minimum of interference
Read about the status, role and function of the Regulator of CICs.