The people and organisations we work with include:
- disabled people and their organisations
- other government departments
We are responsible for:
Our priorities are:
- working with other government departments to remove barriers so that all disabled people are able to fulfil their potential and participate fully in society
- helping local organisations build inclusive and accessible communities
- further developing partnership working with disabled people and their organisations
The Inter-Ministerial Group on Disability and Society
We provide support to the Inter-Ministerial Group on Disability and Society.
Terms of Reference
To drive forward action across government to tackle the barriers disabled people face to realising their full participation in society, including increasing disability employment rates and improving access to sport, culture and transport.
The Rt Hon Esther McVey, Secretary of State for Work and Pensions
- Sarah Newton MP, Minister for Disabled People, Health and Work
- Baroness Williams of Trafford, Minister for Equalities
- Jackie Doyle-Price MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Mental Health and Inequalities
- Heather Wheeler MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Housing and Homelessness
- Nadhim Zahawi MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Children and Families
- Nusrat Ghani MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Transport
- Richard Harrington MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Minister for Business and Industry
- Oliver Dowden CBE MP, Parliamentary Secretary (Minister for Implementation)
- Elizabeth Truss MP, Chief Secretary to the Treasury
Other ministers and officials will be invited as and when required.