VAT: registration applications, exceptions and changes

Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what this means

Online forms


Write to HMRC at this address about your registration application or to change your VAT registration details.

Write ‘VAT Registration Applications’ on the envelope if you’re writing about your application.

Write ‘VAT Registration Service’ on the envelope if you’re writing to change your registration details.

HM Revenue and Customs
Crown House
Birch Street
United Kingdom

Ask for an exception if you’re temporarily gone over the VAT threshold

Write to HMRC if you’ve temporarily gone over the registration threshold and want to ask for an exception so you don’t have to register for VAT.

HM Revenue and Customs - VAT Registration Service
Imperial House
77 Victoria Street
DN31 1DB
United Kingdom

Help us improve GOV.UK

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.