VAT: insolvency

Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what this means


Send your VAT Return to HMRC if you or your business becomes bankrupt or insolvent.

You do not need to include a street name, city name or PO box when writing to this address.

Couriers should use a different address.

HM Revenue and Customs - VAT Controller
VAT Central Unit
United Kingdom

Help us improve GOV.UK

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.