What we are doing
We are developing an organisation where all employees and customers feel included and are treated equally. Achieving this is part of our corporate action plan. We want all our employees to embrace difference and include everyone.
We are working with expert organisations and learning best practice by participating in benchmarking analysis.
Participating in external benchmarks allows us to learn from other organisations. This means we can continually improve on our equality, diversity and inclusion work.
We have been recognised with a gold award for our work on gender and race. Find out more about our benchmarking scores and achievements.
We have an increasing number of employee networks and forums that support our corporate equality, diversity and inclusion aspirations. We currently have 22 networks covering:
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME)
- mental health
- disability (such as dyslexia, hearing loss, visual impairment)
- faith and belief
- health (such as cancer, chronic pain, fatigue)
We have published our Environment Agency Equality Duty Objectives Targets 2020-2024.
Equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) strategy
We have worked with our Defra group colleagues to create our new Defra group equality, diversity and Inclusion (EDI) strategy 2020 to 2024
The strategy focuses on delivering against 5 key objectives:
- create more inclusive cultures
- build and sustain a diverse workforce across the Environment Agency and Defra group
- enhance making the UK a great place to live for all citizens
- improve EDI capability and confidence
- communicate, raise awareness and report progress
The strategy covers a number of important priorities such as:
- improving declaration rates
- tackling unconscious bias in recruitment and performance management
- improving career support for high potential people from protected characteristics groups
- promoting inclusive behaviours
- tackling discrimination, bullying and harassment
- improving the process and delivery of workplace adjustments
- ensuring our policies and programmes show due regard for equality, diversity and inclusion
The Environment Agency (EA) publishes a pay gap report each year. The reports contain average earnings at the Environment Agency (EA) covering differences in:
- religion and belief
- sexual orientation
Read the Environment Agency pay gap reports
Workforce diversity statistics
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to see our workforce diversity statistics quarterly reports.
Any questions about equality and diversity at the Environment Agency contact firstname.lastname@example.org.