Equality and diversity
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity in all we do and valuing the diversity of our workforce, customers and communities.
As a public body, we publish regular information about what our equality objectives are and how we’re meeting them.
What we are doing
We are developing an organisation where all employees are actively supported in giving their best contribution to our aims and objectives. This means:
- attracting, developing and retaining people from all parts of the community
- valuing the differing skills and abilities of all our employees
- responding flexibly to the needs of individuals
We publish our most recent equality data to show that we meet our obligations under the Equality Act 2010.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to see our archived quarterly reports.
We also have diversity workforce dashboards which show trends for disability, gender, race, and sexual orientation, self disclosure and employee survey results.
Organisations we work with
We are proud to work with a range of external partners to help us achieve our equality objectives. By having external partners we benefit from sharing knowledge and best practice. For example, we take part in a range of benchmarking surveys for all the protected characteristics and have an objective to be in the top 25% of each by 2016. Our partners are:
- Business Disability Forum
- Employers Forum on Age
- Employers Forum on Belief
- Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion (enei)
- Inclusive Employers
- Opportunity Now
- Race for Opportunity
We have won:
- 2014 Civil Service Diversity & Equality Employee Network Award for our Women’s Network
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about equality and diversity at the Environment Agency.