Equality and diversity
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity in all we do and valuing the diversity of our workforce, customers and communities.
As a public body, we publish regular information about what our equality objectives are and how we’re meeting them.
What we are doing
We are developing an organisation where all employees and customers feel included and are treated equally. Achieving this is part of our Corporate Action Plan. We want all our employees to embrace difference and include everyone.
We are working with expert organisations and learning best practice by participating in benchmarking analysis. We have been recognised with a Gold Award for our work on gender and race.
We are supported by fantastic employee networks who voluntarily support and represent their members.
The period for our current equality objectives has closed and while we are still working hard at achieving these, we are also drafting our new equality objectives for 2016 to 2020. We will publish these later in 2016 following internal and external consultation. We are working closely with the Defra Group so our new objectives will reflect their priorities for equality, diversity and inclusion. These are:
- improving declaration rates
- tackling unconscious bias in recruitment and performance management
- improving career support for high potential people from protected characteristics groups
- promoting inclusive behaviours
- tackling discrimination, bullying and harassment
- improving the process and delivery of workplace adjustments
- ensuring our policies and programmes show due regard for equality, diversity and inclusion
Our workforce diversity statistics
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to see our archived quarterly reports.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about equality and diversity at the Environment Agency.