As a public body, we regularly publish information about what our equality objectives are and how we’re meeting them.
What we are doing
We are developing an organisation where all employees and customers feel included and are treated equally. Achieving this is part of our corporate action plan. We want all our employees to embrace difference and include everyone.
We are working with expert organisations and learning best practice by participating in benchmarking analysis. Find out more in
. We have been recognised with a gold award for our work on gender and race.
We have an increasing number of employee networks and forums that support our corporate equality, diversity and inclusion aspirations. Find out more in
The period for our previous equality objectives (2012 to 2016) has closed but we are still working hard at achieving these. We have published our new equality, diversity and inclusion strategy 2017 to 2020. The strategy has 4 themes of respect, include, support and engage. They cover a number of key priorities such as:
. As a first step to developing our equality objectives we have worked with our Defra Group colleagues to create our new
- improving declaration rates
- tackling unconscious bias in recruitment and performance management
- improving career support for high potential people from protected characteristics groups
- promoting inclusive behaviours
- tackling discrimination, bullying and harassment
- improving the process and delivery of workplace adjustments
- ensuring our policies and programmes show due regard for equality, diversity and inclusion.
Workforce diversity statistics
Latest equality information for the Environment Agency:
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to see our archived quarterly reports.
Any questions on equality and diversity
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about equality and diversity at the Environment Agency.