Career opportunities at the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO).
Have a future that matters, be proud, be challenged, be unique.
DIO is part of the Ministry of Defence (MOD). We play a vital role in supporting defence, providing the armed forces and their families with a fit-for-purpose estate that includes accommodation.
As part of MOD, we are responsible for all acquisition, disposal, allocation of assets, construction and maintenance of estate infrastructure in the UK and abroad. Our people share the common goal of supporting our armed forces through management of the military estate.
We employ approximately 4,900 staff from a very diverse range of professions including head office functions and specialisms such as surveyors, town planners, airfield pavement experts, foresters and construction engineers. We work across the world; in Germany, Cyprus and the Falkland Islands, Norway, Poland, Kenya, Belize, Nepal and Oman.
Take a look at our YouTube video to see more about our work (please follow link below or copy and paste this link into your Internet browser).
To find out more about what it’s like to be part of the team read our DIO quick guide.
To help achieve our objectives, we believe in 6 important values that underpin our vision and mission:
- safety first
These values equip us for the future and shape how we work together. These values are designed by DIO for DIO.
We are passionate about delivering great things for our customers. But we also know you will have a life outside of work; we respect your priorities and our industry leading flexible working practices will give you real freedom to balance work and life.
We employ talented people who challenge and guide each other. At DIO you will work within a highly capable team who will support you to develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
Further benefits include:
- professional and personal development of skills
- flexitime scheme upon completion of 6 months service
- alternative working practices
- 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- in addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
- generous maternity and paternity package
- highly competitive pension scheme
- most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a sports and social club, gym and / or site shops
We need future specialists and leaders. If you are looking for a career in defence infrastructure, have the right skills, want to join a highly specialised work force and help us create a high performing and innovative enterprise. There are currently DIO vacancies in many areas of professional expertise. Find out more at Civil Service Jobs.