What we do
The Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) plays a vital role in supporting our armed forces by building, maintaining and servicing the infrastructure needed to support defence.
We are responsible for enabling defence people to live, work, train and deploy at home and overseas.
Our vision is to equip defence with a significantly smaller, more efficient, better quality estate.
Watch the video below explaining what we do or seein our rich picture illustration.
DIO’s priorities for 2017 are:
- implementing the estate rationalisation plan and the disposal of sites both associated with that and more broadly
- investing on the estate
- making savings and efficiencies.
Who we are
We are led by Chief Executive Graham Dalton.
He is supported by an Executive Management team comprising:
- Geoff Robson (Chief Operating Officer)
- Iain Sale (Acting Chief Financial Officer)
- James Franklin (Chief of Staff)
- Tony Gaiani (Director of Project and Programme Delivery)
- Sean Balmer (Commercial Director)
- Major General Nick Cavanagh (Director of Strategic Asset Planning and Programming)
- Richard McKinney (Acting Director of Service Delivery)
- Nik Doyle (Director of Transformation and Change)
- James Colman (Head of Strategic Stakeholder Engagement and Communications)
Find out more about DIO by reading our Inside DIO blog.
Access our information
Jobs and contracts