We’ve brought policy, advice and direct buying together in a single organisation to:
- make savings for customers in both central government and the wider public sector
- achieve maximum value from every commercial relationship
- improve the quality of service delivery for common goods and services across government
We work with over 17,000 customer organisations in the public sector and our services are provided by more than 5,000 suppliers.
Who we are
We operate as a trading fund under the Government Trading Funds Act 1973.
Our offices are in Liverpool, Norwich, Newport, Leeds and London.
We’re responsible for:
- managing the procurement of common goods and services, so public sector organisations with similar needs achieve value by buying as a single customer
- increasing savings for the taxpayer by centralising buying requirements for common goods and services and bringing together smaller projects
- leading on procurement policy on behalf of the UK government