We’ve brought policy, advice and direct buying together in a single organisation to:
- make savings for customers in both central government and the wider public sector
- achieve maximum value from every commercial relationship
- improve the quality of service delivery for common goods and services across government
We work with over 17,000 customer organisations in the public sector and our services are provided by more than 5,000 suppliers.
Who we are
We operate as a trading fund under the Government Trading Funds Act 1973.
Our offices are in Liverpool, Norwich, Newport, Leeds and London.
We’re responsible for:
- managing the procurement of common goods and services, so public sector organisations with similar needs achieve value by buying as a single customer
- increasing savings for the taxpayer by centralising buying requirements for common goods and services and bringing together smaller projects
- leading on procurement policy on behalf of the UK government
For 2016/17, our priorities are to:
- Grow our wider public sector business to help more customers to achieve value for money, with a target of delivering savings of between £200m and £250m across the wider public sector.
- Help save government departments even more money, with an overall target of between £240m and £330m.
Implement our digital transformation programme, which will help to improve our service delivery and support the launch of the Crown Marketplace.
- Continue to lead on the Government’s commercial policy and a range of other initiatives, including the delivery of three manifesto commitments relating to government spend with SMEs, signing strategic suppliers up to Prompt Payment Code, and supporting the delivery of apprenticeships in the UK.
- Further strengthen our capability, including continuing our operational review and implementing a new wider learning and development offer and a programme to upskill strategic category teams as part of the knowledge transfer component of the Commercial Accelerator Programme.