Rewards and benefits
We have a comprehensive reward and benefits package including:
- the civil service pension scheme;
- generous annual leave entitlement;
- Employee Assistance Service giving staff and relatives access to counselling and advice on issues such as debt, legal issues, trauma and bereavement;
- employee discounts via on-line high street discount portal;
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme – discounts and salary sacrifice;
- 5 days paid learning and development per year;
- Paid leave for specific reasons e.g. reservists, please refer to Special Leave Policy;
- up to 3 days per year to do voluntary work in the community;
- Generous parental leave benefits and flexible working opportunities to enable a good home to work balance
For example, our Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave for qualified employees is 28 weeks full pay, followed by 11 weeks statutory pay, and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 3 weeks full pay. We also have opportunities for employees to request flexible working, part-time home working, and occasional home working. Our employees also have access to a Flexi working hours scheme, which allows Non-SCS employees a chance to work flexible office hours against customer and organisation performance commitments.
Training and development
We also provide personal and professional training and development opportunities for all employees through:
You will have a development programme tailored for you, which may include:
- work-related projects
- attending networking or supplier update events
- on-the-job learning
- training courses and conferences
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and we have worked hard to create an environment that is fair and open. The CCS values and behaviours (Listen, Respect, Collaborate and Trust) are just one part of our commitment to creating an inclusive culture built on respect, mutual collaboration and the pursuit of equality of opportunity for all. Please read the CCS diversity and inclusion strategy: Representing Modern Britain for our key priorities across 2017 to 2020.
Careers for graduates
Graduates can join us through the Civil Service Fast Stream.
Our first graduates on the new Commercial Fast Stream will start in September 2015.
We offer business and administration apprenticeships and we will introduce a new commercial apprenticeship from September 2015.