Details of the Council's members and register of interests.
The members are senior figures from the fields of science, engineering and technology. They are appointed by the Prime Minister, in line with guidance from the Office of the Commissioner for Public Appointments. CST invites non-members to join sub-groups to advise on specific pieces of work.
- Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell, FRS, FMedSci - President and Vice-Chancellor of Manchester University
- Professor Philip Bond, BSc, DEA, FIMA, FInstP - visiting fellow at the Oxford Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics and visiting professor at the University of Bristol
- Professor Sir Keith Burnett, CBE, FRS - Vice-Chancellor of Sheffield University
- Professor Sir David Cannadine, FBA, FRSL, FSA, FRHistS - President of the British Academy (ex-officio member)
- Mr Suranga Chandratillake, FREng - General Partner at Balderton Capital
- Professor Dame Ann Dowling, DBE, FREng, FRS - President of the Royal Academy of Engineering (ex-officio member)
- Anne Glover, CBE - Chief Executive of Amadeus Capital Partners Ltd
- Dr Paul Golby, CBE, FREng - Chair of the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and Chair of NATS
- Professor Dame Julia Goodfellow, FMedSci - ex-Vice-Chancellor of the University of Kent
- John Kingman - Chair of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) (ex-officio member)
- Professor Sir Robert Lechler, FMedSci - President of the Academy of Medical Sciences (ex-officio member)
- Professor Dame Ottoline Leyser, DBE, FRS - Director of the Sainsbury Laboratory
- Professor Max Lu, FAA, FTSE, FIChemE, FRSC - President and Vice-Chancellor of Surrey University
- Dr Michael Lynch, OBE, FREng - founder of Invoke Capital
- Dervilla Mitchell, CBE, FIEI, FREng - Director of Arup
- Professor Fiona Murray, CBE - Professor of Entrepreneurship at MIT Sloan School of Management
- Professor Sir Venki Ramakrishnan, FRS - President of the Royal Society (ex-officio member)
- Colin Smith, CBE, FREng - ex-Director of Engineering and Technology at Rolls-Royce
- Lord Stern of Brentford - Chair of the Grantham Research Institute at the London School of Economics
- Professor Joyce Tait, CBE, FRSE - Director of the Innogen Institute, University of Edinburgh
‘Ex-officio members’ are people who become members automatically because they hold a particular office.
- Gareth Davies - Director General, Business and Science at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Charles Roxburgh - Second Permanent Secretary at HM Treasury
Register of interests
Members are required to declare any personal, political or business interests that could, or could be seen to, influence their judgement.