Details of the Council's members and register of interests.
The members are senior figures from the fields of science, engineering and technology. They are appointed by the Prime Minister, in line with guidance from the Office of the Commissioner for Public Appointments. CST invites non-members to join sub-groups to advise on specific pieces of work.
- Professor Sir Mark Walport, FRS, FMedSci - Government Chief Scientific Adviser
- Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell, FRS, FMedSci - President and Vice-Chancellor of Manchester University
- Professor Philip Bond, BSc, DEA, FIMA, FInstP - visiting fellow at the Oxford Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics and visiting professor at the University of Bristol
- Professor Sir Keith Burnett, CBE, FRS - Vice-Chancellor of Sheffield University
- Professor Steven Cowley - CEO of the UK Atomic Energy Authority
- Rowan Douglas - CEO of Willis Re Global Analytics and Chairman of Willis Research Network
- Professor Dame Ann Dowling, DBE, FREng, FRS - President of the Royal Academy of Engineering (ex-officio member)
- Anne Glover - Chief Executive of Amadeus Capital Partners Ltd
- Dr Paul Golby, CBE, FREng - Chair of the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and Chair of NATS
- Professor Dame Julia Goodfellow, FMedSci - Vice-Chancellor of the University of Kent
- Professor Sarah Harper - Professor of Gerontology at the University of Oxford
- John Kingman - Chair of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) (ex-officio member)
- Professor Sir Robert Lechler, FMedSci - President of the Academy of Medical Sciences (ex-officio member)
- Dr Michael Lynch, OBE, FREng - founder of Invoke Capital
- Dervilla Mitchell, BE, FIEI, FREng - Director of Arup
- Professor Fiona Murray - Professor of Entrepreneurship at MIT Sloan School of Management
- Sir Venki Ramakrishnan, FRS - President of the Royal Society (ex-officio member)
- Colin Smith, FREng - Director of Engineering and Technology at Rolls-Royce
- Professor Sir Christopher Snowden, FRS, FREng - Vice-Chancellor of Southampton University
- Dr Graham Spittle, CBE - Vice-President, Competitive Project Office, IBM
- Lord Stern of Brentford - President of the British Academy (ex-officio member)
‘Ex-officio members’ are people who become members automatically because they hold a particular office.
- Gareth Davies - Director General, Business and Science at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Charles Roxburgh - Second Permanent Secretary at HM Treasury
Register of interests
Members are required to declare any personal, political or business interests that could, or could be seen to, influence their judgement.