Small and medium-sized companies are being invited to a series of one-day workshops around the country on government support for business R&D and innovation. The free workshops are for SMEs and their professional advisors.
Areas covered include:
- using R&D tax credit relief to invest more in R&D
- planning for the reduced (10 per cent) rate of corporation tax on profits attributable to patents, the Patent Box
- using R&D grants available
- networking with peers in R&D
- using government procurement opportunities for R&D
- maximising Intellectual Property for competitive advantage
- using design to add value and help businesses grow
Each session will allow time for questions, and stands are also staffed by experts who are available to talk.
The workshops are organized by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and the Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS).
December 5, Norwich - Follow this link to book
London and South East
December 12, London - Follow this link to book
January 16, Birmingham - Follow this link to book
January 30, Newcastle - Follow this link to book
February 13, Warrington - Follow this link to book
Solent and South
February 20, Southampton - Follow this link to book
March 6, Cardiff - A link to the booking site will be available shortly
March 20, Inverness - A link to the booking site will be available shortly
The workshops are part of the Business in You campaign - a partnership between private enterprise and Government to highlight support for start-ups and growing businesses and encourage entrepreneurial spirit.
Further information and a link to the booking site will be available shortly. * Visit the Business in you website * A webinar covering the material in the workshops will be available on the HMRC website shortly.