Innovation: connect to experts, specialist support and facilities
Guidance for business and academic organisations on how to connect with experts, support and facilities to develop their innovations.
If you have an idea for an innovative product or service, you can get help from Innovate UK to develop it and make it successful.
Innovate UK can help you access expertise, specialist support and facilities. You can:
- find partners locally, nationally and internationally
- attend networking and collaboration events
- get advice on funding opportunities and applying
- get help to attract investors
- get help to understand the future market for your innovation
- get help to understand how to make your business innovate successfully
- get expert knowledge from universities and research organisations
Innovate UK can also help you access funding and finance
How to access Innovate UK support
This support is available for all UK based companies - from pre-startup to large multi-nationals. You may also be able to get help if you are an individual or an organisation.
Innovate UK provides support through 2 innovation networks. These are the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) and Enterprise Europe Network (EEN).
Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN)
KTN can help you:
- connect with experts outside your usual networks and industry
- link with academics, government and funding opportunities
- access support and intelligence to develop your innovation strategy
- exploit your ideas and capabilities
- find the right support you need
Enterprise Europe Network
If you are a small to medium-sized enterprise, EEN can help you:
- find new markets for your products
- find new ways of sourcing, selling or licensing technology
- connect to new partners for commercial, technology and R&D collaborations
- to be investment ready and understand how to access funding and finance
- with one to one tailored specialist support to improve the way you manage innovation
- understand how to protect your intellectual property
- with support and coaching to increase your capability to innovate and grow
What if you’re not sure
Contact the EEN on 0300 123 4587 and they will guide you.
You can use the Business Finance Support Finder to check for other funding opportunities.
Published: 21 October 2014
Updated: 19 April 2017
- Updated contact information.
- Innovate UK has simplified how it helps businesses connect with the resources they need to innovate. This guide provides simpler links to the 2 networks that can help innovators.
- Information about SME support removed as this is no longer open to new applicants
- Updates to factual information about the support offered
- Added new content about our new SME growth support.
- First published.