World news story
Update on Call for Project Proposals
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Due to the large number of concept bids received, the short listing process will take longer than expected. We hope to notify shortlisted bidders by end of March.
The British Embassy invites you to bid for funding from our Diplomatic Influence & Values Fund and our Conflict, Security and Stability Fund.
Areas of interest
We want projects that will:
- Promote greater capacity, accountability and scrutiny of national and local institutions, including tackling corruption
- Improve economic and business policy making and help create a more effective system of professional education
- Strengthen rule of law institutions, improve public access to justice and human rights
- Promote a more inclusive education system
- Build confidence between ethnic communities by supporting the development of political, economic and social linkages, especially in North Kosovo
- Support normalisation of Kosovo/Serbia relations including by promoting cross-border cooperation and a better understanding of the Dialogue by citizens and other stakeholders
- Support the implementation of the strategic security sector reform process, promoting greater security among all communities, including combating radicalisation
We aim for the projects to achieve the following results:
- Improvement in the governance of, and confidence in, national and local institutions and agencies
- Better economic policy making, an increase in investor confidence and an improved business environment
- Breakdown of barriers resulting from segregated education
- Greater focus of government institutions on creating a workforce with the appropriate skills to grow Kosovo’s economy
- Reduced tensions and increased mutual dependence across communities
- Improved Kosovo/Serbia relations
Process and Duration of Projects
The Embassy Programme Board will select concept bids that fit in one or more area of our interest and will achieve our desired outcomes. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in early February 2015 and asked to develop a full project proposal. Projects should be for a maximum of one year only ( 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016).
Finally, please note that it is going to be a competitive and transparent process in which all bids will be judged on their merits. All NGOs, public bodies and other interested parties are invited to bid.
Successful bids will be published on our website.