World news story
Turkey applications for 2018-19 Chevening Scholarships are open
Turkey applications for 2018/2019 Chevening Scholarships are now open and will close on 7 November 2017 at 12:00 (GMT).
Chevening Scholarships are the UK Government’s global scholarship programme funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, available in over 147 countries and territories since 1983.
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year Master’s at any UK university. The scholarship programme provides a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
A Chevening Scholarship offers financial support along with the opportunity to become part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.
Applicants from Turkey can choose any course of study at any UK higher education institution.
A Chevening award in Turkey includes:
- university tuition fees (Chevening applies a tuition fee cap of £18,000 to MBA programmes. Applicants will be expected to cover the remaining costs above the £18,000 cap)
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from the UK
- an arrival allowance
- homeward departure allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel top-up to attend Chevening events in the UK
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- have at least two years of work experience
- apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018.
- meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018. (IELTS Academic 6,5 - Pearson PTE Academic 61, TOEFL IBT 79, Cambridge English Advanced (CEA) 176, Trinity ISE II (B2) Pass. Please visit this link for further details)
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- hold British or dual British citizenship
- have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship. However, if they have previously studied under a UK Government-funded scholarship (including Chevening), they may be eligible to apply for a Chevening Fellowship five years after completion of their initial UK Government-funded scholarship.
- are an employee, an immediate relative (see here for I.R.)of an employee, or a former employee (since July two years prior to the year of application) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, Department for International Trade, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, a partner, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities
How to apply?
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country page. Documents submitted by mail, e-mail or fax will not be accepted.
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please visit Chevening web site and read the application guidance carefully.
If you have a question related to Chevening Scholarships and Fellowships applications please visit the frequently asked questions page.
Chevening Scholarship applications will close on 7 November 2017 at 12:00 UK time.
For detailed informastion about Chevening:
Facebook: The Chevening Programme In Turkey