Monday 30 June to Friday 4 July, we’ll be celebrating the phenomenal success of the UK Creative Industries in a week long digital event.
The UK’s Creative Industries generate a staggering £8 million per hour for the UK economy and continues to go from strength-to-strength.
Together with the industry, we’ll be using #CreateUK to champion the success of the sector, explore the employment opportunities and look at what makes the UK’s creative industries so exceptional. The week will include video interviews, Twitter debates, blogs and graphics.
Every day of #CreateUK week we will shine a spotlight on a particular sector within the industry and hold an hour long chat on Twitter. Running between 1pm and 2pm, you can join the conversation each day by using the hashtag #CreateUKhour - if you work in the industry, why not come and tell us your thoughts. We want to see as many people involved as possible.
#CreateUK will not only be a chance to showcase the best of the UK Creative Industries to the world but it will provide a forum for like-minded people to share views, provide advice and make new contacts in the industry. Get involved!
Themes for the week
- Industry Focus: Film/TV/Games/IT/Software
- Twitter #CreateUKhour topic (1 to 2pm): General debate on what makes the UK’s Creative Industries so unique
- Industry Focus: Design/ fashion/ architecture/ crafts
- Twitter #CreateUKhour topic (1 to 2pm): Creative Talent – what are employers looking for? What are the barriers?
- Industry Focus: Music, Visual and Performing Art
- Twitter #CreateUKhour topic (1 to 2pm): Regional spread – how can we ensure a vibrant CI spread across the UK?
- Industry Focus: Advertising, Marketing, PR and Publishing
- Twitter #CreateUKhour topic (1 to 2pm): Diversity and gender – how can we attract more women into the creative industries? What can other industries learn from the creative industries as a diverse employer?
- Highlights and recap of #CreateUK week’s best bits
How you can get involved
Join the conversation
- Promote the hashtag #CreateUK - share it with your followers and get involved
- Tweet and blog on your personal channels – just get online and promote the great work you are doing!
- Share our daily graphics
- Take part in #CreateUKhour on Twitter.
Contribute to our Day in the Creative Life blog
- During the week we’ll be launching a Day in the creative life Tumblr, this will be a behind the scenes look at creatives at work. If you are interested in being involved contact us by emailing email@example.com
Promote your content
- Promote your own work throughout the week by using the hashtag #CreateUK. You can share content that showcases the best of your work through photos, blog posts, behind the scenes videos or simply by engaging in debate with like-minded people.