Innovate UK is investing up to £1 million to establish new Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) for stratified medicine.
This funding competition will help businesses access data modelling expertise in universities. This will enable the businesses to develop new diagnostic approaches and evaluate diagnostic products earlier.
It’s part of the Stratified Medicine Innovation Platform that’s funding a £50 million programme of research and development over 5 years.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs)
KTPs help businesses improve their competitiveness, productivity and performance by working with UK universities.
The partnership works together to transfer knowledge and embed new capability within the business. Members of the partnership are:
- a business
- an academic institution
- a recently qualified person (known as the associate)
- the competition opens on 2 March 2015
- there will be a briefing webinar for potential applicants on 19 February 2015
- the competition will close at midday on 18 November 2015
- projects may run between 6 months and 3 years