Central London, Thursday 16 October 2014
Monitor, the NHS Trust Development Authority and the Foundation Trust Network are offering a 1 day, interactive event at no cost. This is in response to feedback from chairs and chief executives who said that leading change in local health economies, strategic planning and competition rules and processes are 3 priority areas where development opportunities and further information would be helpful.
The day will be a chance to hear from foundation trusts on their experience of developing and testing a new strategic planning toolkit currently under development. It will also give delegates an opportunity to increase their knowledge and understanding of:
- the link between effective board governance and strategic planning
- learning and good practice identified by Monitor and TDA in the 2-year and 5-year plans submitted in 2014/15, including common themes of where trusts have struggled to meet plans in the past
- the introduction of a new strategic planning toolkit
- how the new competition rules and regulations will operate, in particular the process between Monitor and the CMA
- good practice in preparing a case for a merger, acquisition or significant transaction
Chairs and chief executives will hear from other trusts on these areas including how they have addressed planning within their local health economies and learnings from going through merger and significant transaction processes.
Whilst there will be sharing from Monitor and the TDA, this is very much a development event and there will be lots of opportunity to hear from, and question, your peers on their experiences.
The event is for chairs and chief executives of NHS foundation trusts and NHS trusts only. Space is limited so please do not register for the event if you are not one of the above.
There will be a further opportunity at the end of the day to discuss or question Monitor or TDA informally about specific issues relating to strategic planning, competition rules and transaction processes which are relevant to your own circumstances. Please let us know during the registration process if you would like to take advantage of this.
If you have any questions about the event please contact Helen Crumley at Monitor: email@example.com or on 0203 747 0532.